J-1 Application Procedures

University of Indianapolis Photo

If you have received an invitation from a University of Indianapolis department or faculty member to come to the United States for a temporary period of time as an Exchange Scholar, you must submit an application to the International Services at least forty-five (45) days prior to the date you plan to arrive. The information provided in your application will enable the University to determine your eligibility to participate in the Exchange Visitor Program and to issue you Form DS-2019. Be sure to attach all requested documentation.

Documents to be submitted:

  • The completed and signed application Word Document
  • If you are being funded by your home government, university, institution or employer, a copy of the letter granting you the funds to come to the United States. This letter must include the U.S. dollar amount of funds and be in English, or accompanied by an English translation
  • If you will be self-funding your visit to the U.S., send a copy of your personal bank statement, translated into English with U.S. dollar equivalents;
  • A copy of your most recent curriculum vitae or resume
  • If you are already in the U.S.:
    • clear, legible copies of the front and back sides of Form I-94, Record of Arrival and Departure for yourself and all accompanying family members;
    • a copy of your Form DS-2019, Form I-20 or Form I-797
    • copies of passports for yourself and any family members who will be accompanying you to the University of Indianapolis. It is necessary to send only the following pages: identification page, the page containing the expiration date and pages with any U.S. visas

  • Personal information for any family members who are already in the U.S. or who will accompany you to the U.S.

Mail these documents with your application form to:

The University of Indianapolis
International Services
1400 E Hanna Avenue
Indianapolis, IN   46227

Word Document J-1 Scholar Application

facebook Follow us on Facebook