A maximum of 20 hours of authorized/approved employment per week is permitted while school is in session. During annual vacation periods you may work up to 40 hours a week. Lawful employment possibilities for students holding F-1 status are limited.

On-Campus Employment

You may be employed at the school you are attending, permitted you maintain your lawful F1 visa status. View campus jobs online listing.

Off-Campus Employment

  • You can apply to the U.S. immigration Service for off-campus employment authorization provided you can demonstrate an urgent financial need to work (Economic Hardship Form) .
  • Employment may not begin until authorization has been given.
  • Consult with International Services staff for procedures.