J1 Students and Scholars

University of Indianapolis Photo

J-1 Visitor Overview

J-1 Immigration Rights, Rules and Responsibilities

Immigration Documents



Medical Insurance

Extending Your Stay

Reinstatement of Immigration Status

Students entering the United States to study at the University of Indianapolis will enter with either an F1 student visa, or a J1 student/scholar visa.   The information included on this website is intended to answer common questions about the immigration regulations pertaining to those visa types.   Please consult with representatives in the International Services before:

  1. dropping below full-time enrollment,
  2. traveling outside the United States, or
  3. accepting any employment in the United States.

Student Organizations

All UIndy Student Organizations

Chinese Student Union

Indian Student Association (ISA)